Fatherhood is the most blissful feeling, which a man aspires to have in his life. The small bundle of joy that comes in the life of the new parents not only brings with it great pleasures, but also adds a new dimension to their life. While mothers are given special attention, the joy and the sacrifice of a father mostly goes unnoticed. So, for all the men who have just been promoted to the next stage of life i.e. fatherhood or those expecting to be dad soon, here is a chance to know what fatherhood is all about in a line or two. Pick threads of wisdom from these evergreen fatherhood quotes. You can learn more about fatherhood and its wisdom. Here are some famous fatherhood quotes by some great men of their times.
Quotes on Fatherhood
Fatherhood, being a position of great responsibility, has inspired quotes from great men of all times. These quotes throw light on fatherhood and related wisdom.
Fatherhood Quotes & Wisdom
- It is a wise father that knows his own child. - William Shakespeare
- The father who does not teach his son his duties is equally guilty with the son who neglects them- Confucius
- The fundamental defect with fathers is that they want their children to be a credit to them- Bertrand Russell
- It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons- Johann Schiller
- A king, realizing his incompetence, can either delegate or abdicate his duties. A father can do neither. If only sons could see the paradox... they would understand the dilemma- Marlene Dietrich
- Fathers, like mothers, are not born. Men grow into fathers and fathering is a very important stage in their development- David Gottesman
- Good fathers make good sons. - Anonymous
- We never know the love of our parents for us till we have become parents. - Henry Ward Beecher
- It is much easier to become a father than to be one. - Kent Nerburn
- A father is a fellow who has replaced the currency in his wallet with the snapshots of his kids. - Anonymous
- A father is a man who expects his children to be as good as he meant to be. - Carol Coats
- Becoming a father is easy enough, but being one can be very rough. - Wilhelm Busch
- My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys." - Harmon Killebrew
- He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it. - Clarence Budington Kelland
- A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty. - Annoymous
- Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father! - Lydia M. Child
- The father who would taste the essence of his fatherhood must turn back from the plane of his experience, take with him the fruits of his journey and begin again beside his child, marching step by step over the same old road. - Angelo Patri.