A father son relationship is one of the most understated and modest relationships. However, only a father and his son know the beauty of the bond they share. Most of the sons secretly wish to be like their father and hold them in high regard and most of the fathers want their son to surpass them and scale great heights in life. Below given are some meaningful quotes that explain the preciousness of the father son relationship. Read on to find the one you like the most and write it on a Father's Day card for your dad.
Sayings for Father & Son
Below given are some of the most beautiful sayings for father son relationship. Read on to pick your favorite for your dad.
Father Son Sayings
- Lord Denethor is Boromir's father. To bring him news of his beloved son's death would be most unwise. And don't mention Frodo or the ring. And say nothing of Aragorn either. In fact, it's best if you don't speak at all, Peregrin Took.- J.R.R. Tolkien
- A farmer who had a quarrelsome family called his sons and told them to lay a bunch of sticks before him. Then, after laying the sticks parallel to one another and binding them, he challenged his sons, one after one, to pick up the bundle and break it. They all tried, but in vain. Then, untying the bundle, he gave them the sticks to break one by one. This they did with the greatest ease. Then said the father, Thus, my sons, as long as you remain united, you are a match for anything, but differ and separate, and you are undone. - Aesop
- Lord Denethor is Boromir's father. To bring him news of his beloved son's death would be most unwise. And don't mention Frodo or the ring. And say nothing of Aragorn either. In fact, it's best if you don't speak at all, Peregrin Took. - J.R.R. Tolkien
- Treat your superior as a father, your equal as a brother, and your inferior as a son. - Persian Proverb
- One night a father overheard his son pray: Dear God, Make me the kind of man my Daddy is. Later that night, the Father prayed, Dear God, Make me the kind of man my son wants me to be. - Author Unknown
- One father is enough to govern one hundred sons, but not a hundred sons one father. - George Herbert
- When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry. - William Shakespeare
- No one would be foolish enough to choose war over peace - in peace sons bury their fathers, but in war fathers bury their sons. - Croesus of Lydia
- We think our fathers fools, so wise we grow. Our wiser sons, no doubt will think us so. - Alexander Pope