The simple ritual of selecting a gift can, at times, seem Herculean, especially while selecting gifts for men. When you need to select a gift for your dad, the problem doubles up. What exactly to present dad so that he feels special? How to pick a gift for dad without being too general or stereotypical? It seems dad buys everything he wants, leaving us no choice to present him with something really unique. If you have grown up wondering this every Father's Day, it is the time to discard your thoughts and think out of the box this year. Explore some unique Father's Day gift ideas here that have been tailored, keeping in mind different interests and hobbies of a dad.
Unique & Unusual Father's Day Gift Ideas
Looking for a unique Father's Day gift for dad? Just explore these unusual ideas of presents/ gifts meant for father.
Father's Day : Father's Day Gifts : Unique Father's Day Gifts
Unique Father's Day Gifts
- A unique gift for golfer fathers would be something associated with the sport. For instance, you can gift him a table clock resembling a golf ball. Else, you can also gift him a small statuette or a T-shirt that reflects his hobby.
- If your dad loves playing board games, try gift ideas that go with the sport. In case he enjoys chess, gift him a chess board with the pawns resembling Egyptian pharaohs and warlocks. Even figures carved to look like real kings and queens would make the gift look unique and unusual.
- For a father who is an electronic freak or a father who loves doing something or the other with the car, computer or television set, or a ratchet set is the best bet. Gift him one that includes all the specialty tools, like a screwdriver, pliers, etc. in a compact case.
- For traveling fathers or for fathers who are always trotting places, a perfect gift would be a trolley bag or a small suitcase. Make the gift unique by inscribing his name and office address on it. Include a handy shaving kit and a road atlas for that hilarious touch.
- For kids with a father who seem to bury his head in the garden most of the time, a unique gift would be a garden tool box, comprising of shovels, clippers, sprayer, etc. Else, gift him a comfortable garden hammock and a cap that reads something like 'Love You Dad'.
- If your dad has a personal bar, a unique gift for him would be a bottle opener, inscribed with a loving message. You can also gift him any bar accessory that can be etched with some humorous, inspiring or caring Father's Day quotes.
- You can also go creative and bake a cake for your dad that mirrors what your father generally loves doing. For instance, you can top it with icing that simulates a golf stick and a ball, if your father loves playing golf. You can also place some chocolate dinky cars on top of it (for car freaks) or bake a blue cake and ice it with colorful fishes, in case your father enjoys fishing.