Our father is the one who held our hand when we were to cross the road, taught us how to face the world in adversities, encouraged us to believe in our abilities and was always there, by our side, when our world was all dark and dismal. Besides our mother, he has been the cornerstone of our existence and yet, has never demanded anything from us in return. Though we might have admired him all through our life, there would hardly be times when this admiration is manifested in our behavior towards him. Surprise your dad on this Father's Day by writing the most famous and thoughtful saying on his card and showing how much you appreciate him. Follow the article to know your pick!
Popular Sayings for Father's Day
Given below are the most popular and famous sayings for Father's Day. Read on to pick the best one for your dad.
Famous Father's Day Sayings
- My grandfather always said that living is like licking honey off a thorn.- Louis Adamic
- Honour thy father and thy mother' stands written among the three laws of most revered righteousness.- Aeschylus
- Father asked us what was God's noblest work. Anna said men, but I said babies. Men are often bad, but babies never are.- Louisa May Alcott
- I am indebted to my father for living, but to my teacher for living well.- Alexander the Great
- Every mother generally hopes that her daughter will snag a better husband than she managed to do...but she's certain that her boy will never get as great a wife as his father did.- Anonymous
- A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again.- Enid Bagnold
- If the new American father feels bewildered and even defeated, let him take comfort from the fact that whatever he does in any fathering situation has a fifty percent chance of being right.- Bill Cosby
- A new father quickly learns that his child invariably comes to the bathroom at precisely the times when he's in there, as if he needed company. The only way for this father to be certain of bathroom privacy is to shave at the gas station.-Bill Cosby
- Be kind to thy father, for when thou wert young, Who loved thee so fondly as he? He caught the first accents that fell from thy tongue, And joined in thy innocent glee.- Margaret Courtney
- I talk and talk and talk, and I haven't taught people in 50 years what my father taught by example in one week.- Mario Cuomo
- I watched a small man with thick calluses on both hands work fifteen and sixteen hours a day. I saw him once literally bleed from the bottoms of his feet, a man who came here uneducated, alone, unable to speak the language, who taught me all I needed to know about faith and hard work by the simple eloquence of his example. - Mario Cuomo