Honoring our father gets the best expression on Father's Day. It is all about appreciating and reaffirming our loving bonds with our father. However, it is also about acknowledging the inspirational presence of various father figures like grandfathers, step fathers, foster fathers, uncles and even big brothers in our lives. One of the best ways to convey our feelings towards these special persons in our life is by presenting them with some handmade crafts. In fact, when it comes to arts and crafts, Father's Day promises a lot of fun. So, check out our fun art and craft ideas mentioned below to let loose your creativity on this Father's Day.
This article brings you some fun craft ideas for Father's Day. Check out these fun arts and crafts and select any one.
- Hollow and Clean Plastic Margarine Tubs (200-250 g)
- Construction Paper
- Hole Puncher
- Ruler/ Yardstick
- Clear Nylon Fishing Line
- ½ Diameter Metal
- First, place the tubs, top down, on a table or flat surface.
- Decorate them with pieces of construction paper. You may also cut letters and paste them with glue, to form messages for dad.
- Leave the tubs undisturbed for sometime, so that the glue dries.
- Next, make four evenly spaced holes along the rim of each tub, with the help of the puncher. Ensure that the holes are ½-inch from the edge of each tub.
- Next, cut four 12-inch lengths of fishing line along with eight metal washers. Carefully tie one end of each line to a washer.
- Now, thread one line through each hole in all the tubs and tie the loose ends with metal washers again. So, you have four fishing lines passing through the tubs and tied with metal ends on both sides.
- Place the tub, upside down, and make two holes (1-inch apart from each other) in the centre of the bottom of each tub.
- Thread another 12-inch length of fishing line through these bottom holes. Secure the ends together, to form a hanger for hanging the wind chime.
- While suspending the chime, see that pairs of the washers touch each other when wind blows. The wind chime is now ready to jump into your Father's Day gift package.
Mini Puppet Theater
- An empty Cereal Box
- Colored Construction Paper or Fabric
- Poster Paint
- Paint Brush
- Cut the top of the cereal box (the upper surface) and paint the box with the help of poster paint, in any color of your choice. Leave the box undisturbed for sometime, so that the color dries out completely.
- Next, make a rectangular hole on one side of the box, leaving a minimum of 2 inches from each end. It should look like a paper television set, with the rectangular hole as the TV screen.
- With the help of the construction paper or scraps of fabric, cut out some mini curtains to cover the hole. The hole will serve as the stage of your theater.
- In case you use construction paper to make the curtain, make sure to cut it in the shape two tied curtains. Cut a small rectangular scrap of paper in contrasting color and glue it in the curtain, to give the impression of a tie-back.
- If using fabrics for the curtain; simply cut two rectangular pieces of cloth, fix them to the hole as curtains and tie them both with the help of a twist-tie or a tiny piece of colorful ribbon.
- Your mini theater is now ready and you can now put up shows here with the help of finger puppets, Popsicle stick puppets or straw puppets. Hold the theater with one hand and use the other hand to move the puppets on the stage. Present a puppet show for dad on Father's Day with this homemade puppet theater.