Tempt, entice and tantalize the taste bud is all that a chocolate cake can do to most men and women. Be it the simple chocolate cake or one that is flooded with chocolate chips, fruits or nuts, the feeling of dwelling into the pool of chocolate cake is definitely too good to be true. This Father's Day, let your dad enjoy this feeling of immense delight by serving him a delicious chocolate cake. While anyone can get a cake from the bakery, be a little different this time and present him a cake that is baked by you. He will surely feel super delighted and elated by this loving act of yours. Given below is an easy-to-make delicious chocolate cake recipe you can bake for your dad on this special day.
Easy Chocolate Cake Recipe
Like all other festivities and celebrations, easy made Chocolate cake is loved by one and all, that's why it forms an important part of our Father's Day cake recipes. Honor your dad with this mouth watering treat on the Father's Day.
Father's Day Chocolate Cake
- 225 g Dark Semisweet Chocolate
- 140 g Butter
- 210 g Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 4 heaped tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 4 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 tbsp Sour Cream
- 2/3 cup Whipping Cream
- 260 g Semisweet Chocolate
- The first step would be to preheat the oven to 350o F.
- Now, take a 10 inch cake tin and grease it with a non-sticky paper.
- Crush the dark semisweet chocolate into small pieces and melt it with butter over hot water.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs with sugar, mix with flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and vanilla extract in a separate bowl.
- Add the egg mixture to the melted butter and chocolate and add sour cream to it.
- Bake the mixture at 350o F for about 40 to 50 minutes or until the time when wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Once the cake has been baked, cool it until it settles to a room temperature. Now, place it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- When cooled, cut the cake horizontally and remove the crusted surface on the top of the cake
- For the frosting, heat whipping cream in a sauce pan. Now, add finely chopped dark semisweet chocolate and stir until it turns smooth. Let the mixture cool until in thickens.
- Use 1/3rd of the frosting in between the two layers. Pour the other 1/3rd on top of the cake while the last bit should be poured around the cake. Put the cake into the fridge for one hour or more to harden the frosting.
- The yummy chocolate cake is ready to be served to your dad.