Father's day is a day of joy, happiness, emotions and a lot of fun. It is a day which every kid wants to make grand and memorable for his/her dad. There are many ways in which you can make the day memorable and one of it can be preparing your father's favorite dish for him. Food will add a variety and taste to the celebration. Different types of mouth watering and delicious dishes will make the day more special. The effort can be made all the more lovable for dads, if the kids cook their favorite dishes. There are many recipes available that are simpler for the kids to actually cook on their own with the assistance of their mothers. So, help your kids to serve some scrummy dishes to their father this father's day.
Easy Father's Day Recipes for Kids
Help your kids make a delicious recipe for their dad. Read on to get information on some easy & quick Father's Day recipes that kids can cook.
Father's Day : Father's Day Recipes : Father's Day Recipes for Kids
Father's Day Recipes for Kids
- 300g Macaroni Pasta
- 4 bacon rashers or 200g ham (chopped)
- 50g Butter
- 1/3 cup (50g) Plain Flour
- 1 liter (4 cups) Milk
- 1 cup (125g) Cheddar Cheese (coarsely grated)
- ½ cup (40g) Pecorino Cheese (finely grated)
- 1½ tbsp Wholegrain Mustard
- ½ cup (35g) stale Breadcrumbs
- 30g Butter
- Add the pasta to a large pan of boiling, salted water, and cook uncovered, until just tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a medium pan, stirring until crisp.
- Melt the butter in the same pan; add the flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually, stir in the milk until sauce boils. Stir in cheese and mustard after it cools down.
- Combine the pasta and sauce; transfer the mixture to an oiled, deep 2-litre capacity ovenproof dish. Top with breadcrumbs, dot with extra butter.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes in a hot oven.
Salami And Rocket Pizza
- 2 x 26cm Pizza Bases (prepared)
- 160ml (2/3 cup) Tomato Pasta Sauce
- 250g Mozzarella Cheese
- 125g Salami (thinly sliced)
- 50g Baby Rocket Leaves
- Freshly ground Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to very hot (250°C).
- Place the pizza bases on oiled oven trays. Spread the sauce over the bases and then top with the cheese and salami. Bake for 10 minutes in a hot oven.
- Just before serving, top the pizza with the rocket leaves and freshly ground pepper.
Choc-Chip Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups Self-Raising Flour
- 165g Caster Sugar
- 100g Choc Bits
- 2 beaten Eggs
- 180ml Milk
- 60ml Oil
- 200g Blueberries
- Place all ingredients, except blueberries, in a large bowl and stir for 1 minute.
- Now, add blueberries.
- Fill greased muffin tins three-quarters full with mixture, bake at 200°C for 20 minutes.