Planning a Father's day treat, but concerned about your dad's rising cholesterol? Father's Day is that one moment to stop nagging your dad on calories and cholesterol and get him indulging to the fullest. Why not plan a deliciously balanced meal and forgo all worries about his health for one day? Dish out some tempting recipes that scream of health and garnish it with your love. Spend some quality time with your father this Father's Day and give him the gift of health with some delightfully healthy, yet lip-smacking servings. Whether you're in the kitchen together chopping and dicing, or simply treating dad to a backyard lunch celebration, these healthy, nutritious recipes are sure to please his appetite. Try them out for happy healthy Father's Day feasting.
Healthy Recipes for Father's Day
Cheeseburgers With Grilled Onions
Treat your dad to a dose of health and happiness with some yummy & healthy recipes. Here are some healthy & nutritious Father's Day recipes for you.
Healthy Father's Day Recipes
- 1 pound Lean Beef (uncooked & ground)
- 1 medium Garlic Clove (minced)
- 1 small Tomato (cut into thin slices)
- 1/2 small Red Onion (cut into thin slices)
- 1/8 tsp dried Oregano (crushed)
- 1/4 tsp Table Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup low-fat Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- Preheat grill to medium heat
- In a bowl, mix beef, garlic, salt & pepper and shape into ½ inch thick patties.
- Grill the patties until cooked.
- Sprinkle cheese over the burgers and cook until the cheese melts.
- Brush onion with oil and grill it till light brown. Season with oregano and grill for 2 minutes.
- Lightly toast buns and place the burgers inside. Top with onion and tomato slices.
Orzo, Green Bean, and Fennel Salad with Dill Pesto
- 8 ounces Green Beans (trimmed)
- 8 ounces Orzo
- 2/3 cup packed fresh dill (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 cups 1/3-inch cubes English Hothouse Cucumber (unpeeled)
- 3/4 cup fresh Fennel Bulb (diced)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Cook green beans in large saucepan of boiling salted water for 5 minutes, until just tender. Transfer beans to a clean dry plate. Add orzo to same boiling water. Cook until tender, stirring occasionally; drain and keep aside.
- Blend dill, oil, vinegar, and lemon juice until almost smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut beans crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces. Place in large bowl. Add orzo, cucumber and fennel, add the dressing. Season salad with salt and pepper.
Frozen Fruit Salad
- 12 oz fat free Cool Whip
- 1 box Mandarin Orange Flavored Jelly (sugar-free)
- 1 large can Peaches (packed in water or light syrup)
- 1 can Mandarin Oranges
- 1 small can Pineapple Chunks (packed in juice)
- 1 small can Orange Slices
- 1 1/2 cups Strawberries (sliced)
- Strain the fruits and discard the juice. Keep the mashed fruit aside. Use paper towels to absorb extra moisture.
- Mix the cool whip and dry gelatin together and then fold in the fruit. Freeze.
- Cut into squares and serve chilled.